At DeSoto Community Church of God these core beliefs guide and direct each area of ministry:
1. The Bible is God's divinely inspired written Word and is the ultimate guide for all of life (2 Timothy 3:16-17).
2. Salvation comes as a result of repentance, confession, and turning from sin. It is only possible through the love and forgiveness of Jesus Christ. That experience, often called being born again, or getting saved, is what enables a person to become a part of God's Church, and to experience God's Kingdom here on earth. (Acts 2:38; 1 John 1:9; John 8:11; Acts 2:47; John 3:3)
3. Since God adds those who have been saved to His Universal Church (Acts 2:47) there is no need for a formal membership in a local congregation. Those who have experienced salvation and consider DeSoto Community Church of God their home congregation are considered members.
4. Every person who accepts Jesus Christ as Savior is encouraged to follow the Lord in baptism (Acts 2:47).
5. Holiness is a realistic and attainable lifestyle, achievable through the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit, who cleanses, empowers, and gifts individuals for service in God's Church (Luke 24:49).
6. God desires for all Christians to work together in love and unity to fulfill the great commission (Matthew 28:19-20), and the great commandment (Matthew 22:37-40) here on earth.